GTfusion Dunlop - Organisation d'Evénements autour de la simulation automobile - GT5

Rejoignez le forum, c’est rapide et facile

GTfusion Dunlop - Organisation d'Evénements autour de la simulation automobile - GT5
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Display Star Wars Unlimited Ombres de la Galaxie : où l’acheter ?
Voir le deal

News - Test GameSeat

News - Test GameSeat Empty News - Test GameSeat

Message  Schettura Mar 26 Avr - 7:39

News - Test GameSeat BanniereGameSeat-GTFusion

Test GameSeat

Nancy (France) April 23rd 2011

It all started by a suggestion from Inferno of the GTracing team : a test of the "official " GTfusion seat. This seat is the GameSeat.
So we organized us and created a team to realize a comparative test between Playseat and GameSeat.
As far as I know, this is a world premiere.

GameSeat’s official website: GameSeat

Who were present:
5 drivers of the world’s TOP 100 on Gran Turismo : GT-Club_Mart1, GT5rs_Zouil88 GT-Club_Doncomato, GTracing_Elendil, GT5rs_Gros
3 persons with extensive experience in Gran Turismo: Inferno, GTracing’s President ; Cyril, the manufacturer and recognized driver on Grid ; Schettura, co-organizer of GTfusion and our respective wives, to support us and give their outside opinion.

How did we processed:
1) Doncomato found us a place in Nancy (many thanks to him)
2) We have installed 5 cockpits side by side in order to compare them.
3) We have developed an evaluation grid to report test results.
4) We have selected identical "combo" on each system.
5) We started racing simultaneously.
6) We have done rotations so that each driver can switch from one station to another.

Here are the written results with images:

1) Here is the setup:
News - Test GameSeat Gameseattestedbygtfusio

We arranged side by side 5 cockpits:
Starting from the left:
Playseat With G25, GameSeat’s Red Prototype with T500RS, GameSeat "GTfusion Official" with G27, Wheel Stand Pro with G25, Wheel Stand Game with G27.

Here is the seriousness of the test drivers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQQdEFrJgP

2) Evaluation points:
The week before the test we agreed between us to get some evaluation points that we needed to cover for the test :

A)
Seams
Look
Other
Weight

B)
Rigidity
Stability of the steering wheel during full attack
Seating (comfort over time)
Trimming of the steering wheel position
Adjustment of the position of the pedals
Trimming of the driving position (chassis settings)
Folding or storage
Dimensions, length, height
Noises (squeaks! especially when two persons are riding…)

C)
Cost / cost of Kits
Kits, spare parts available
Delivery
Origin, quality, manufacturing
Special conditions
Adaptability to peripherals

A) Look and finishes:
Comparison GameSeat / Playseat:

News - Test GameSeat Dsi104.thNews - Test GameSeat Dsi129.thNews - Test GameSeat Dsi147.th

Here are the images in slideshow:
http://img171.imageshack.us/slideshow/player.php?id=img171/3756/13047960997o1.smil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzSAsmraACc

B) Use

1) Overview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCv0dUew7tA

2) Comparison Wheel Stand Pro Stand GameSeat

News - Test GameSeat Dsi059.th
Here are the images in slideshow:
http://img215.imageshack.us/slideshow/player.php?id=img215/7936/130479647668z.smil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iWQejjnl-4

3) Stability of T500RS and G27 wheels on the GameSeat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNJIaQylErY

4) Comfort and squeaks
Following the urging demand of many drivers, we performed this unusual test:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpW3rtCli9g

5) Details of Finishes
At the base of the steering wheel support:

News - Test GameSeat Dsi148.thNews - Test GameSeat Dsi080.thNews - Test GameSeat Dsi056.thNews - Test GameSeat Dsi039.th

At the wheel base:

News - Test GameSeat Dsi055.thNews - Test GameSeat Dsi054.thNews - Test GameSeat Dsi053.thNews - Test GameSeat Dsi040.th

Shifter Support

News - Test GameSeat Dsi079.thNews - Test GameSeat Dsi078.th

Passage for cables:

News - Test GameSeat Dsi124.thNews - Test GameSeat Dsi043.th

Want to see these images in a slideshow?
GameSeat in details + settings:
http://img833.imageshack.us/slideshow/player.php?id=img833/6365/1304796892mtt.smil

Results of the tests:

News - Test GameSeat Gameseatvsplayseattestr

You can download all the PDF files at the end of this topic.
You will see in detail the grades given by each driver:

Combined opinions of the testers :

What’s your opinion about the design?

Seat’s look:

Gros: First impression on the look of the seat: it seems solid / robust, it also gives the impression of being comfortable because it’s very thick. The overall look is not exaggerated, it’s not "tuning", it’s the contrary, it has a sporty look. (I am a little disappointed by the seams (black on black), if they were red or yellow this could increase it’s "luxury" side or "beautiful finish") I have a preference for the red seat in leather.

DonComato: The look is great. The choice between fabric and leather is really good. My preference is leather and the red color.

Mart1: Its parts in color give it a very "sporty" look. Looks like a « real bucket seat ».

Zouil88: Excellent, a nice bucket seat that looks good, only the yellow test model might be disturbing to some, I liked it. The leather was superb too, but when it comes to discuss tastes and colors…

Look of the structure:

Gros: Excellent! The quality of the finishes is impeccable, we get a great look. It first gives the impression of solidity. Laser cutting (Game Seat logo) gives the most beautiful effect. The metal used is superb (feel unbreakable) and the black paint is beautiful.

DonComato: Aesthetic is good, sober even if the black color is nice on everything. Laser cutting under the seat gives a very good finish to the whole thing. However, the first observation, it "seems" less "robust" than the competition, but I think we expect too much of our systems, like a beefy tank.

Mart1: That’s aesthetic, simple, black, yet different parts of black metal are sometimes not in harmony in proportions, Me, I prefer the structure of the aluminum-colored Playseat and its harmony in the thickness of the different segments.

Zouil88: It's clean and flawless: I liked the finishes, black is super sober and it will certainly resists well over time. On the black, clamping traces should appear less than gray.

Look of the system with the steering wheel on:

Gros: The whole system with the wheel mounted on it immediately gives an impression of quality. It’s the support that fits the wheel and not the other way, so there is no metal which extends below the steering wheel (good idea). When you look in profile, the overall look gives the impression of a Formula 1 cockpit with its pointed nose.

DonComato: This is harmonious. The black paint is very very good and the seat is well made and look awesome.

Mart1: That's great, the seat is perfect with the matching black frame.

Zouil88: Again very well put together, it looks good and its sturdy.

Your opinion on the seat?

Comfort - Seating - squeaking:

DonComato: The seats are excellent. We are really wedged in and the seating is very good, I think we can spend hours seated without getting sore buttocks. From this point of view, the GameSeat is well above the Playseat, which is really spanker!

Mart1: For the comfort it’s excellent, the GSeat on this point is much more superior than PSeat. I found that the tissue model was even stiff with the lower back. It does not creak. You are well cushioned in. The adjustable model in leather was like in a real car: seat inclination, calibration of the distance from the pedals ...

Zouil88: The big strength of GameSeat: its base that outperforms (Playseat effortlessly!) and promises long hours of play without fatigue. The position is perfect, even without settings. They bring a little plus but are not essential to my taste. But I think the setting was related to the fact that the seat is foldable, thereby earning a little bit of space. For the squeaks I came alone… but it should not cause any worry, unlike Playseat with squeaky springs (except for mine!). Only default, the hips reinforcements that may be disturbing to some: Too big guys who barely fit in and not enough (like me) will have elbows that touch in the corners! On playseats the question does not arise, there is no lateral support, which is perfectly compatible with a "static " drive.

Materials - mounting system - size (screw, ease, strength etc.):

Gros: The seats are very comfortable, we are well maintained (although it's not needed because the seat does not move, but it provides a feeling of total immersion) The seat is comfortable to the touch.

In the lot, there was a seat (not the prototype, the yellow one) that had not the adjustable back and with my weight I had a small pain in the shoulder blades: pretty much unpleasant (but this problem can be solved with an adjustable back, like on the red model)

GameSeat is very robust and it will not squeak, even in a few years unlike Playseat.

The size of the seat and the whole system: it is large and requires a dedicated space. The set is very heavy and when it is "folded" it still takes a lot of space. Almost impossible to move it alone. It is the "price to pay" for a set as robust and reliable.

The whole system is well established, the steering wheel is "welded" to the stand and easy screws are a very good idea. But the location of the screws is rather mismanaged: The 4 easy screws to adjust and fix the main arm is a bit far when you sit on the seat (you should really bend forward - but at the same time you set it once and after you don’t touch it anymore) And the screws behind the Wheel are also mismanaged, because it uses a hex wrench in a small place where you can not tighten or loosen screws easily – it is also likely to scratch the paint (but again we do that once - and the use of a screwdriver instead of the key helps prevent scratches)

DonComato: The materials are of high quality. The assembly is serious and the whole thing is less massive than the Playseats. Everything is easily adjustable without tools. The assembly-disassembly is not that bad. I think that transportation is easier than Playseats because the assembly is more compact.

Mart1: Like Playseats it can be unscrewed by hand to set-up the seat. Easy to assemble and handle, clever folding. The fastening system of the main axis that supports the steering wheel is « concrete » and it’s visible (see picture) – Ingenious, the main body of the axis receives and hides cables, and it also receives the power supply unit.

Zouil88: Like Playseat settings are numerous and enough to get the position you need. Nothing moves once in place, the support wheel is very well designed and hides all the connections. The clamps are of the same type as the Playseats and firmly hold everything.

Your opinion about the gameplay?
(Expand by 2 / 3 sentences on pure technique: is the seat effective for driving, yes, no, why – stability of the whole system and the load-bearing parts of the steering wheel, etc..)

Gros: The driving position is ideal and suitable for ALL types of jigs and ALL driving position: the great strength of this product is the setting of the driving position (seat rail, steering wheel height, depth steering, distance of the pedals). Besides the position of the pedal is ideal and slaps the Playseat with an horrible inclination of the pedal and a metal bar at the heels …

The main problem of this product is up and down swinging of the steering wheel due to the length of the main arm. Apparently the other drivers were not bothered by this undesirable movement, but for my part I think this movement is harmful. In my opinion it’s absolutely necessary to solve this problem.

Without this movement, the system would be an ideal product.

DonComato: The position is excellent thanks to the seat and the various possible settings of the system. There is a slight vertical movement of the arm but not absolutely embarrassing to ride except maybe for the Drift but I did not test this. The fact of not having a bar between the legs is a definite plus. For the pedals, the position is 100x better than the Playseat. Very important thing for me because the steepness of the pedals on the Playseats fact that I will never buy this brand! GameSeat thank you for this very good point!

Mart1: This is obviously perfect in terms of position. Be aware that a system of strengthening the arm is in process: indeed, the stability of the arm, longer than the Pseat in order to receive the pedal forward is not strong enough, even if we have all noted that this lack of rigidity does not interfere with steering and is absolutely not “left to right” but more "up and down". It’s finally enough in terms of "simulation", it goes well with the steering wheel force feedback.

Zouil88: The driving position is excellent, comfortable, the gear shifter well positioned, the structure is rigid when attacking, but there is a vertical movement. I am used to play with the heels close to the pedals, I have slightly move backward so as not to have the tip of the right foot touching the support bar of the steering wheel when I am moving from the accelerator to the brakes. This does not interfere with anything, it’s just a habit. The wheel itself has no side movement, but a slight vertical movement which poses no concern when doing hotlaps can be annoying when we start to drift, it blows of the driving. Going back on a Playseats confirm that this is its only major flaw (in my opinion). Well it seems that a reinforcing bar is in fabrication ... which would make it perfect for my taste!

What do you think about the commercial aspects?
(Value for money - Delivery - Manufacturing - kits etc - criteria of your choice -)

Gros: That's a product that is expensive, it's true, when you add the price of a wheel, a TV, a PS3 its coming very quickly around 2000 € of materials. But I think the price is justified because the product is very well made, it has a real look "robust" and "racy" and the driving position is ideal. Only downside: the pendulum up and down (which will be corrected).

Well made! The folded metal is very beautiful and very well done.

DonComato: The evolutionary system is great. You can buy the wheel support to start and then when you have more space and money you can shift to the entire system or without the seat that represents the bulk of the budget ... On the menu then! For the price, even if it is a sum, it is very well positioned. For delivery, no profit on it! Price = price of the delivery only!

Zouil88: The value seems much more interesting than the Playseats: thicker plate (I think), with it weight it seems indestructible ... for a price similar to Playseat. No more need for options, for a shifter holder for example or a seat on a rail. I saw on the website that it was possible to choose any part of the whole system, for those who just want a bucket seat or a support to adapt a personal seat. Deliveries are noticeably faster, and it is possible to make very specific demands (examples given by the designer: shifter on the left, seat of BMW with adjustable height for a driving school, ...), which is impossible with a major manufacturer. And finally, if I had to choose I would take a product 100% made in France instead of having a product from china.

Remarks
(here add two or three sentences if you feel necessary, your personal feelings, etc.)

Gros: I give a score of 14/20 to the GameSeat for its quality. This note will reach 16/20 with the problem of balance resolved.

And for the information, I did not like Playseat, yet I could almost buy this product with eyes closed because of the numerous positive reviews on the web. I am glad I tested this product and I can honestly say that the GameSeat is better.
I give a score of 10/20 to Playseat

DonComato: I highly recommend this system. It has it all, price, quality, design, seat and its manufactured primarily by a French craftsman passionate by his work and listening to customers to improve his product!

Zouil88: Not much to add just one or two details: it is sturdy so heavy ... for those like me who needs to move it every time you use it, you will need 2 wheels in the front, or dismantled it into 2 parts. For those who have a lack of place it is much bigger than its competitor when folded but it was mandatory for such quality. In conclusion it’s a great product, much better than the Playseat in many ways, and slowly evolving towards perfection.

GameSeat’s official website: GameSeat

Evaluation Grids from each test drivers

Schettura
Staff
Staff

http://www.gt5rs.com

Revenir en haut Aller en bas